Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure Spring 2017 Shades - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 4 October 2017


Last week I received some unexpected nail mail from Sally Hansen.  Inside was the six new limited edition Spring shades from the Complete Salon Manicure range.  These shades are inspired by Middle Eastern fabrics and vivid Moroccan prints that are trending both on and off the catwalks.


Lan-turn Up is described as a molten metallic chrome.  This isn't really my sort of colour but the formula is easy to use.  My swatch shows two coats.


Magic Carpet Ride is a light blue creme.  This one is such a pretty shade.  The formula is quite surprising.  I was expecting it to apply unevenly and needing three coats for even coverage.  Instead, it applies well and only needs two coats which is what I have used for my swatch.


Marrakeshed From A Rose is a soft pale blush creme.  Pretty colour.  As it is such a light shade it does apply unevenly and needed three coats to even out.


Moroccan Roll is a described as a rich cherry red.  Again, this isn't my sort of colour.  The formula is easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch.


Tagine Supreme is described as a burnt orange toned red.  The formula is good and easy to use.  My swatch shows two coats.


Tell My Fuchsia is described as a deep magenta jewel tone.  This one I found disappointing.  From looking at the bottles I would have said that this would be one of my favourites but it's got a weird kind of finish to it.  I don't know how to describe it and it doesn't really translate on camera.  It's like its got a sheen to it and is kinda like a jelly finish.  It's weird.  The formula is easy to use but it is a little on the sheer side.  I used three coats for my swatch.


This isn't really my type of Spring collection, mainly because I am not a red or gold girl.  The formulas are good across the shades which is good.  My personal picks would be Magic Carpet Ride and Marrakeshed From A Rose.

The Spring Shades are available now from Priceline, Chemist Warehouse and selected pharmacies while stocks last.

 

2 comments:

  1. Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure is one of my favorite mainstream lines. I just love the brush on these.

    ReplyDelete