Emily de Molly Halloween 2017 Trio - Swatches & Review

Tuesday 3 October 2017


Now that we are in October it is officially Halloween Season!  Is Halloween actually a season?  Well it certainly feels like it and I am definitely ok with that.  I am not ok with stores having both Halloween and Christmas decorations up though.  That is just weird if you ask me.  Anyway, I am getting very side tracked here.  I have a very exciting Halloween trio from Emily de Molly to share with you today.  I have actually had these for a little bit and I have been dying to talk about them and now the time has come.  Woohoo!


Do You See? is a bright orange based red creme that dries to a wax finish without topcoat.  This isn't my sort of colour but I really like the wax finish.  I think it's really cool.  The formula is good, although it does apply a little unevenly on the first coat.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box (with top coat)
Pure Chaos is a purple crelly with turquoise shimmer, white glitters and iridescent flakes.  I think this is such an interesting polish and the formula is great.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
The Heart Of The Ship is a purple to red thermal with copper shimmer and bronze flakes.  If you have heard me talk about thermals, then you will probably know that they aren't a favourite of mine.  In fact, I normally say that I don't like them.  Well this polish has converted me.  I wore it as a full mani and loved it.  It was quite fun to watch it switch between the two colours.  I love both the warm and cold states.  The formula is awesome to work with.  My swatch shows two coats.  I should also point out the the red does also brighter than what my picture.  I'd recommend seeing Emily de Molly's swatch for that.

Picture taken in light box (cold state)

Picture taken in light box (cold state)

Picture taken in light box (transitioning)

Picture taken in light box (transitioning)
I think this is an awesome Halloween trio.  The formulas are great and I love the mix of finishes.  My personal favourite would have to be The Heart Of The Ship, followed by Pure Chaos. 

The Halloween Trio will be available on Thursday 5th October at 10am AEDT on Emily de Molly's Australian site and on Wednesday 4th October at 7pm EDT on the international site.

No comments:

Post a Comment