Aussie Indie Con 2017 VIP Exclusive Polishes - Swatches & Review

Wednesday 2 August 2017


Aussie Indie Con happened about a month and a half ago and I am trying desperately to swatch my way through all the polishes I grabbed on the day.  I think at this exact moment in time I only have two Grace-full Nail Polish polishes and the holo stamping collection from Hit The Bottle left to swatch.  It's actually a little strange seeing my swatch racks getting so empty (they were overflowing a couple of weeks ago).  Never fear though, I do have some new polishes on their way but that's not we are here to talk about.  Today, we are going to be having a look at all of the polishes that were in the VIP bags at Aussie Indie Con.


Celestial Cosmetics The Coat Hanger.  I am not sure I even want to try and describe this one.  It's like it has duochrome glitters that shift from green to purple and golden flakes (I apologize to Nicki to butchering the description of this polish).  It's definitely super unique and has a really good shift (it's better in person than my pictures).  The formula is great and is opaque in two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
Emily De Molly A Minute To Spare is a blurple holo with blue flakes.  I didn't actually realize that this one had flakes in it until I put it on my nails.  Like with all EdM polishes, the formula is amazing (it's close to being a one coater) and the colour is gorgeous.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Femme Fatale Cosmetics Darling Eve has a purple based with a pinky shimmer and holo glitters.  If you have been following me for a while you will know that one of the comments I make constantly about FF polishes is how sheer they are.  Well I was pleasantly surprised that this wasn't that sheer.  In fact, I think you could get away with two coats (if you don't mind it being a little see through at the tips).  I really like the colour of this one too.  For my swatch I used three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
Grace-Full Nail Polish Eldritch is a gorgeous rich purple holo.  This is jaw dropping gorgeous!  It's easily my favourite from the VIP polishes.  The formula is perfection, and you could easily get away with one coat (especially if you have short nails).  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Hit The Bottle On The Loose With Chartreuse is a metallic chartreuse stamping polish.  Honestly, I wasn't too excited about this one in the bottle but on the nails I am all for it.  I love how this looks on both white and black.  Like all Hit The Bottle Stamping Polishes this one stamps beautifully.  I used Lina Nail Art Supplies Feeling Shapely 03 stamping plate for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Joss Better Than Bare is a nude creme.  This is actually the first Joss polish I have ever tried and to be honest I am really disappointed.  The colour is gorgeous but the formula is patchy and it has all these random bits in it (you can see some of the bits on my middle and index nails).  I did my best to remove these as I used it but got over it in the end.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box
Joss Black Magic Holo is a black linear holo.  I don't have much to say about this one.  It's a black holo.  It formula is easy to work with and it has a great holo effect.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
Miss Priss VIP Treatment is a lilac pink (is that such a thing?  It is now lol) with gold glitters in various sizes.  I'm not sure I like this one on me.  The formula is easy to use.  I used two coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
Powder Perfect Wonderful Tonight is a rose-purple holo with ultra holo glitters and metallic glitters in a myriad of colours.  This one is more up my alley.  It's a pretty colour and the formula is good.  My swatch shows three coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in direct sunlight

Picture taken in direct sunlight
These last two polishes technically weren't in the VIP bag, but there was a voucher that you could take to the Pretty Serious Cosmetics table and select two polishes of your choice.  I picked two from the Rainy Days Collection - which looking back now I should have chosen ones that would co-operate with my camera.  So I apologize for the inaccurate colours of these polishes.

Pretty Serious Cosmetics Petrichor is a steel blue creme.  I really like the colour of this one and it's definitely unique in my collection (I know this for a fact because I have been sorting out my swatch sticks - it's a ridiculously huge job).  The formula was disappointing.  I was expecting it to be a nice opaque creme but it was like it had been watered down (but not a runny formula).  It's weird.  I ended up using three coats for my swatch.

Picture taken in light box
Pretty Serious Cosmetics Precipitation is a teal creme.  I am a big fan of this colour but when it comes to photographing it, I don't like it at all.  My cameras turn it to blue when in fact it is a lot more green toned than either of my pictures.  Colour wise it is closer to the second picture than the first.  The formula is fantastic and close to being a one coater.  My swatch shows two coats.

Picture taken in light box

Picture taken in light box with flash
And that is all of the polishes that was in the VIP bag at Aussie Indie Con 2017.  There were some other goodies in the bag such as a shot glass, pen, wax melts, some vouchers and lots of Aussie Indie Con advertising.  Not sure why that was in there or why there was so many.  I think I had 6-7 pieces of paper with the exact same info on it.  I'm going to guess that they printed to many and thought that was the best way to get rid of them.

I really loved spending that day at Aussie Indie Con and am seriously hoping that there will be another one next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment